Fairmount Memorial Association 2012 Memorial Weekend Events
Cemeteries Will Fly Over 3,500 Flags For Memorial Day
Memorial Day is a special time at every cemetery, but the four cemeteries and one funeral home that are part of the Fairmount Memorial Association go all-out to observe the holiday. Over 3,500 American flags will fly over their grounds, creating a spectacular display at each facility. Here is a comprehensive list of their various events.
Fairmount Memorial Park - W. 5200 Wellesley
(By Albi Stadium)
• Monday, 5/28/12 - Marine Corp League @ Veteran’s Memorial inside Fairmount.
Guest Speaker - Mayor of Spokane; Marine Rifles, Boy Scouts
11:00 a.m.-Show - expected crowd of 500.
• Saturday, Sunday & Monday 5/26, 27 & 28 - Staffed Tent for finding your relatives; staff will print an exact location map and help you find your location.
• Saturday, Sunday & Monday - hand out small American Flags.
• All 3 days-Flag Museum @ Kirtland Cutter Rock Chapel inside Fairmount from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Greenwood Memorial Terrace - 211 N. Government Way
(Along Bloomsday Trail - below SFCC)
• Sunday, 5/27/12 - Brass Patriotic Band Concert @ 6:00 p.m. on the top of Greenwood by the Cross of Inspiration.
• Saturday, Sunday & Monday - 5/26, 27 & 28 - Staffed tent for finding your relatives @ Top of Greenwood. Our crew will print an exact map and help you find your location.
Riverside Memorial Park - N. Government Way
(Across from Greenwood and behind Heritage Funeral Home)
• Saturday, Sunday and Monday 5/26, 27 & 28 - Kirtland Cutter (Cottage)-just on left before you enter Riverside-For answering questions and finding lot information.
• All 3 days-Staffed tent just past entrance at Rose Circle-for finding your relatives; staff will print out an exact map and help you find your location.
Heritage Funeral Home and Crematory - 508 N. Government Way
(On the Bloomsday Trail and below SFCC)
• All 3 days-Remembering the Titanic (100 year anniversary) and other great Shipwrecks.
• All 3 days @ noon and @ 1:30 p.m.-Titanic era Musical Tribute Show in the Heritage Chapel.
• All 3 days-Veterans Display.
• All 3 days-Aerospace Display.
• All 3 days-1939 Packard Henney Super 8 Hearse; first showing ever of this newly restored one-of- a-kind classic automobile.
• All 3 days-Antique & Classic Car Display.
• All 3 days-Tree of Remembrance.
• All 3 days-refreshments in the reception room.
Spokane Memorial Gardens - 5909 S. Cheney-Spokane Rd
(Just west of Trading Company Store at Latah Creek and Highway 195)
• Monday, 5/28/12-Memorial Day Service @ 10:00 a.m. by Spokane Greater Elks #228,
Opening Prayer, Scout Troop 22-present colors, Accapella Gals, drum solo, VFW Honor Guard- Volley/Tap/Bugler.