SCCAT/COP Shop/RESOURCE CENTER
The Sheriff will be at Lakeside C.O.P. Shop on August 15th from 2 to 6 pm. to issue weapons permits. If you have an issue with anything, please stop by and discuss it with the Sheriff.
On Saturday, August 11th the Food Pantry at the Tum Tum Community Center will be open and school supplies and clothing can be selected at the Clothing Bank located in the Lake Spokane Community Church.
Sheriff Allen and Undersheriff Webb came to the Neighbor Day celebration at the Cornerstone Baptist Church on August 4. They arrived in the self-contained mobile unit that is equipped with technology that enables them to work at a crime scene. Awesome!!! Thank you for your support in our community.
LADIES - Some of you continue to leave your handbag in your cart while shopping. It takes a few seconds for someone to grab your handbag and run off. It can be a nightmare trying to replace the contents in your wallet and if you are lucky, the thief is only interested in grabbing your cash and tossing the rest into a dumpster. Listed below are some helpful hints that will keep you from being a victim of identity theft.
• On the back of credit cards, instead of signing your name, put ‘photo ID requested’
• Do not put the entire business account number on the check. Just use the last four digits
• Use a gel pen to write checks as it is difficult to alter the check
• When ordering checks, use your initials and last name, use a P.O. number instead of your address
• Never add your Social Security number on your check
• Pick up your check order at your bank
• Make copies of all credit cards and your drivers license. This makes it easier to recall what cards were in your wallet if it is stolen.
Call the three National Credit Reporting Organizations and the Social Security fraud line immediately after your wallet is stolen.
Trans Union: 1-800-680-7289
Social Security Administration (fraud line): 1-800-269-0271
THANKS to Cynthia Pasteur for donating bags full of stuffed animals that were taken to Family Support Center by Sheriff Allen.